I am a camp leader for 12-15 year olds for part of the summer!! Here is a fun project we are doing at camp. These make handy gifts for friends and a great activity for you or your teens to create!
You will need:
- 20 guage sheet metal cut to size. Mine is 9x12. I had a metal company cut mine.( I needed 100 boards all the same size so they started with sheets of 4'x12'. )You can find it already cut in many different sizes at Lowes.
- To drill holes you need a drill press and a drill bit (I had a friend do it the size of a regular hole punch)
- Gel or Modge Podge and brush
- Your favorite ephemera or scrapbook paper (I used a 12x12 cut to size)
- a favorite piece of ribbon or tulle
Let's get started!!!
Wash the piece of metal with some vinegar to get any rust or grime off. Dry thorougly.
Cut your paper to fit the size of the metal.
Spread a thin layer of gel on the metal. Not too thick.
Match up the paper to the corners. Smooth it with hand and use your breyer, start from the middle and roll away from the center.
Next get your ribbon put through the holes to hang it. Add some cute magnets and insirational mementos and.... VOILA!
You have a magnet board! ENJOY!