Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Paint

It is amazing what you can do with a little paint.  I love to decorate and change things up in my home.  One of the easiest ways I know how to do that is with paint.  Over the past few months I, with alot of help from my son-in-law,  and some cans of paint have changed the look of my kitchen and great room.  In the process I discovered an amazing brand of paint called Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  


I used this paint on a shelf that no longer matched the decor of my great room.


One thing I loved about the paint is that I didn't need to sand the item before hand.  You also should only need one coat of paint to cover just about anything.  It took me less than an hour to paint the entire bookshelf.  Once it was dry I sanded the edges a little to give it a distressed finish. 


 Then I coated it with the clear wax to give it a protective finish.


I highly recommend this paint if you have some furniture you need to paint.  I've painted alot of furniture in my day and this was by far the best paint I've used on furniture.

Have a wonderful day
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment